Main content start
We capitalize on Stanford's deep expertise in ocean science and other disciplines crucial to solving ocean problems including engineering, computer science, political science, design, and business.
- Developing approaches and tools to support the small island developing states of the Pacific in their efforts to integrate development and conservation.
- Working to use human-centered design approaches to identify new technologies that can help fishing communities manage their resources
- Fostering collaboration between top researchers, conservationists, and entrepreneurs committed to solving ocean health challenges.
- Leading an effort to accelerate action on illegal fishing and human rights violations through linked efforts on three fronts: data, supply chains, and policy.
- Building a community of researchers investigating the many connections between oceans and the global food system.